IDC Insights, Asia/Pacific is looking to hire a Research Manager to join its Asia/Pacific Public Sector research team.
The Asia/Pacific Public Sector team is focused on creating valuable and actionable enterprise ICT management content in government, healthcare and education sectors. These include predicting current and future industry trends, uncovering technology use and procurement behavior, detailing relevant next-generation ICT ecosystems, as well as provide advisory to solution providers and vendors that service these markets.
He or she will be based in an ASEAN / India country (excluding Singapore), and will report directly to the Asia/Pacific Public Sector Practice head.
To qualify, IDC and requires a solid candidate with a rare combination of astute business acumen and ICT domain knowledge. This candidate will be involved primarily in generating relevant public sector research and reports for the team's worldwide-based customers. In addition, this candidate is expected to contribute (and sometimes lead) to IDC Insights' consulting and customized research engagements, as well as delivering impactful presentations a wide range of audiences.
The ideal candidate should possess strong professional writing skills, and function as an entrepreneurial thinker and adaptive advisor. Also, he or she should be comfortable in business development engagements.
Skills and Experience:
The Healthcare Research Manager will require strong leadership and team management experience and demonstrated success in creating positive change in a healthcare industry environment characterized by accelerating change, ambiguity and challenge. The desired individual will have an undergraduate degree with 7+ years working experience in the Healthcare industry with a focus on health providers, particularly within complex, IT savvy hospital systems. Experience in a healthcare market advisory and/or consulting firm is preferred. Additionally, the following skills and attributes are desired:
- Strong business development and management skills
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and market modeling
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically when appropriate
- Strong project management skills with a constant eye on detail
- Ability to provide actionable advice to executive level management
- Strong writing skills including previous externally published work
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Creative problem solving
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
lead and develop the research program
deliver the research program
development of business for the health insights/ public sector research team
delivery of consulting projects
delivery of events
production of regualr social media content